Friday, March 17, 2017

Ecclesiastes 1:1-2

“The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.”
‭‭
Talk about the greatest piece of wisdom known. Solomon himself said that everything, not just riches or pleasure, but everything is vanity. It's almost the worth of dung. It's nothing and profits nothing and goes away like a puff of smoke in the wind. The act is still there but it dissipates into a never ending nothingness. One thing that I've had to learn the hard way is just quite how useless I actually am. That's the honest truth. I don't profit the world at all compared to things like rain and the sun and water. Then what's so important about my life?
Rain and water and the sun don't have a soul but I do. Their profit on the world is temporary. If the sun disappeared for some reason we'd all pass pretty quick. Same if there wasn't anymore rain and water. But if I do things for the Lord and for His kingdom, much more will be changed and many more things would be beautiful. The difference between working in vanity and working in something that won't be vanity, is whom your working towards. The Lord or the world? The more we lean forward to Christ the less we are in the muck of the world.
Where am I working towards? Where are you working towards?

No comments:

Post a Comment