Monday, February 13, 2017

IBS Exodus 8:19

“Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.”

‭‭‬ ‭"This is the finger of God." Being here for the duration I have has shed so much light on this verse. What does the finger of God personally mean to me? First it's the power of the law. When God spoke with Moses and gave him the Ten Commandments, God wrote them with His finger. By the Lords finger He brought the ten plagues into Egypt. By Gods finger I'm humbled and my pride is brought down.
It's also the instrument that the Lord chooses to lift me up. Jesus said to suffer the little children to come to Him. It brings me joy to think that I have the opportunity to be a little Christ when I go to the schools and teach, or when we have Kids Club, or when we go to the hospital to minister to little ones. Several weeks ago we went to the hospital and it was just team Guate and an RA. We were able to go to the babies and right when we walked in we saw this little girl named Linda who was dressed in a green onesie with a green beanie. She was so adorable and at the start I wanted to spend time with her. I either held her in my arms when I sat down or walked around, and often I would lead her around with my finger. Her little hand took my finger and when she left to get her water cup, she would come back and grab my finger or lift up her arms for me to pick her up. Jesus does the same for me. When it's a struggle to get out of bed or to do something for Kids Club, the Lords finger is right there for my grasping and for my stability. God is so much bigger than I am and He is able to do miraculous things. Praise the Lord for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment