Monday, January 9, 2017

IBS Genesis 19:36-38

 “Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day. And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Ben–ammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭19:36-38‬ ‭

In chapter nineteen of Genesis, we read of the destruction of Sodom, as well as Lots wife turning into a pillar of salt. The two verses that really spoke to me were the ones towards the end. What I saw was both clear and convicting about my actions and how I often I take matters into my own hands. When Lots two daughters did what they thought was right, it lead them to sleeping with their father. When I do what I believe is right, according to my flesh, it leads me to do things I never would have thought of doing otherwise. But it's when I seek the counsel of the Lord that my way becomes clear and that is when my paths are straight. After I finish what I wanted to do I may feel like it was the right choice. Working in an ungodly environment for more money. Being in a relationship with someone whom I know is not living according to the Lord. Giving the wrong advice to someone, and not even pointing them to the Scriptures. Those are just a few examples of what many people do, even in the church. But what all of us, especially myself realize is the terrible after affects. Because of the sins Lots daughters committed, they gave birth to two people whom are the fathers of nations that will be a constant burden on Israel for generations to come. In order to have a better, though not perfect, future, I need to live for Christ now. Today is the day to live for Christ, follow in His will and seek His face. Right now is the time to wash myself in His Word, not tomorrow, and I can't rely on what I did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment