Monday, January 2, 2017

IBS Genesis 1:3 pt.1

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
‭‭I would like to imagine this. Picture how everything was before Genesis verse three. Genesis 1:1-2, In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. To see things in a different light, I imagine myself as the world before light was placed into it. Recently I have felt led to start reading my personal devotions in the book of Genesis. What this has revealed to me is that before someone receives the Lord as their Savior, their lives are such as this. We are without form. Not being able to hold up our own because in and of ourselves we lack the strength. When a believer comes to Christ as his Savior, he gets a new identity. He's not the same person like he was previously. Instead he conforms to the image of God over time. We were void of the things of the Spirit and strong in the flesh. In a desert, there's little to no vegetation life at all. That's why it's called a desert. Now what qualifies the desert as being a desert? It has to receive less than a certain amount of precipitation per year. Exodus 29:4 says, And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shalt wash them with water. What is the significance of this? That if we would just ask the Lord and allow ourselves to be washed by the Word of God, we won't be that desert, instead we will thrive in the life within us. For an application my daily meditations will be my priority because I need that washing of the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment