Saturday, December 3, 2016

“The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:15‬ ‭

This verse talks about two things that are always going against us and what a Christian tries to accomplish. The first is how deceitful the heart of a man can be. Several places in the old testament it talks about how our hearts can fool us. Jesus said in the Gospels, that if anyone looks at someone else with lust in his heart he has committed adultery. That means that the sin starts in the heart. I know that my heart always tries to believe things it shouldn't. Such as how I'm able to do things in my own strength without going to the Lord or how my way is right. The ear is something we can't control in a sense. We do have a limited ability to decide what we listen to. That involves music or movies and even the company we hang around with. But if it's something we can't choose, then we are kinda stuck listening to it. However we are able to choose our actions after the fact. For example, if I hear someone use fowl language around me, I'm not able to block my ears and not listen to it. But I am able to choose if I will use the same language or if I will do what is right. So what the difference between the right and wrong heart and ear? The heart of the right is focused on something and the ear of a wise man doesn't decide what his or her actions are. “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭For my application I will memorize this verse by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment