Wednesday, December 7, 2016

IBS 1 John 1:5

“This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:5‬
God is light. There is no confusion in that fact. So why does it sometimes seem like God isn't there? It's because my heart is in a darker place than my Lord. Several times during training and even my field time so far, I've been in a place that I wasn't meant to be. Wether it was bitterness to someone else or even anxiety because of kids club, it's still where I don't want to be. One thing that the Lord has really taught me during my time here in Guatemala, is that my reliance needs to be in something greater than I could ever achieve. Many good examples come from kids club, especially when I lead it. Today for instance, December 7th, was at first a real stress on me. It was the second week in a row where I had to lead kids club, and it just didn't feel like it was really working out well. When we were having children come in, I noticed that several things needed to be done and I found that for a little bit I was running around not fully knowing what to de because I needed to do other things and not get the speaker for the tent and so forth. But as things pulled together more and more I began to be at more ease. I danced today and the songs went well. We have a rule sheet that is written in Spanish, so I also had to read them aloud. And we had a performance and a skit done by some of the Bible collage. That was a huge blessing from the Lord because the kids really paid attention as well as they got a wonderful gospel message. Everything was pulled from all corners and it all worked out well, because it was done unto the Lord. Not out of us feeling obligated to do tasks, but because we wanted to allow the love of God to flow through us to the children. I will continue to do things to the Lord, because I know that by that, God will give me real peace and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment