Saturday, November 5, 2016

Psalm 8 IBS

The Lord has shown me many beautiful things with this chapter. 
First to mention is both how the chapter begins and ends. Praise to God, saying how excellent His name is. For my own personal reflection, I ask myself, how often do I begin the morning praising the Lord, and how often do I end the night, praising the Lord?
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? Thousand years have passed since creation, and we have all wondered what's out there in the vast span of space. Documentaries and books I've read and watched about space, all end up saying one thing. We are tiny. Yet the God that created it all, the Jesus I serve, with the same hands He used to create perfection, He sacrificed to hold the weight of our sin supported by nails. If I am considered to have that worth, how much do I eagerly give God thanks?
To finish I want to reflect off the verse that says, "For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor." That does a great deal of reminding me who I am. Yes I am a sinner and so low compared to the holiness of God, but He still made us in His image. It's a beautiful thing, being able to know we were made special to God. That also means we have responsibilities. One of which is to take care of what the Lords given us. 
This chapter has given me a great deal of comfort and conviction. For an application I will make it a goal to memorize it in a week, so that I will always be able to say how lovely God is, and how much I need to praise Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment