Friday, November 25, 2016

IBS Psalm 18:19

He brought me forth. The Lord is our great deliverer. So many examples of deliverance can be found in the Scriptures. Some of them are obvious, such as the exodus of the children of Israel. Others aren't as apparent but they still offer insight to the heart of the Lord. Mark‬ ‭10:46-52‬ says, “And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee. And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way." A beautiful scene of just how amazing it is to be delivered by the Lord. Bartimaeus was a bling beggar whom we don't know much about. What we do know is that he must have heard rumors about Jesus of Nazareth. The Bible says that when the man heard it was Jesus he shouted, "Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me." What we know from the original language is that when the man was shouting, he kept doing it and getting louder. He threw his garment aside when Jesus called him forth. Why? I believe his faith was so great that he knew he would be able to go back and get it using the sight that Jesus would bless him with. He knew the only deliverance he could have would have to come from the Lord. He believed God is able to do all things. Psalm 16:8 reads, “I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." If we wish for the Lord to be our deliverer, and if we wish for Him to guide us, we need to make sure our hearts are close to the Lords. That verse says that I, the faithful Christian, has allowed God to have the priority in his life. It's clear and simple. When we make God our number one, our priority, the One we go to both in times of ease and times of storm; we are going to our Father. Because of that we are always able to be the ones to say, "I'm not going anywhere. The big guy behind me, that's my Father and my God." For a daily application it will be my prayer that the Lord either offers comfort in team Guac's difficult times or for a deliverance in those times. Either way we are the Lords. 

No comments:

Post a Comment