Saturday, September 3, 2016

IBS 09-02-16 Luke 12:37-40

IBS 09-02-16 Luke 12:37-40
The two things I gained form this verse is to serve while waiting for the Lords return and to be ready for it. The Son of Man will come at an hour we do not expect. A simple example would be in my own household. If my mom gave me a task to do and she left the house, how happy would she be to come home to me lying on the couch eating potato chips and watching tv? If I took a break and decided to do what I want for a short while and she happened to come home at that specific time, she wouldn't really be enjoying my lack of effort. However if she came home to me doing that which was asked and that which was a responsibility for me to do, she'd have a happier delight in her eyes. Do I want my Master coming to this earthly home and finding myself to be lacking in efforts? Or will He find His servant diligent in his work. The second point to make was to always be ready for Jesus' return. Similar to what I said previously, we all need to be ready. One way to be ready is to focus on our own spiritual walk with the Lord. Will my walk with Jesus be immature and weak when He comes back or will I be an on-fire for the Lord Christian? Where do we gat the term 'walk with God'? It comes from Genesis chapter five verse twenty two. It reads, "And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters." We see that in just a couple verses that he walked so close with God that He decided to take him to heaven at that time. How glorious?! I want to live for the Lord so dearly that I'm practically touching heaven. For my application I will meditate on this verse in Genesis and gain an understanding of how I can walk closer to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment