Saturday, September 3, 2016

IBS 09-01-16 John 15:15


I am called to be the Lords servants and it's an honor to serve my King. But He calls me a friend. He said in the previous verse, "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." In order to be a friend of God I must obey Him. If I love a friend I will help and serve him in times of need, as well as any other time. Why? Because I love them. Verse thirteen of this chapter says, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Jesus told me that I'm His friend. What did He do for me? He laid down His life for my sins. That's a real friend. Not one that leaves you at times of trouble, not one that throws you under the buss, not one that looks at you as a means of gain. The Lord looked at me with compassion. He looked at me with love and with a heart that desired to not only save me, but use me for His perfect purpose. That is real love, and in order for me to be that one friend, I need that love inside of me. Today for an application I will thank the Lord for His love and pray for opportunities to love those that I call friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment