Saturday, September 3, 2016

IBS 08-26-16 1 Cor 12:14-15 (KJV)


"For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is therefore not of the body?"
How important do we think of ourselves to be? Yes we aren't meant to lift ourselves up as in being boastful, however we must realize that we do have a part in serving the Lord. If one of us has a gift given by Jesus shouldn't he or she use it in edifying the church (1 Cor 14), or serving one another? Jesus taught a parable about a Master giving his servants certain amounts of money. Towards the end of the story we see that when the Master comes back each of the servants brings to Him what they did with it. Two of the three doubled it by using the money while the last just hid it. This is a parable that's able to be paralleled with gifts. Of we don't use our spiritual gifts for the betterment of Gods kingdom, He might decide to take that gift away. Will I use my spiritual gifts? Today for my application I will exhort my team members by telling them of their spiritual gifts and leaving that for open discussion among my members.

No comments:

Post a Comment