Saturday, September 3, 2016

IBS 08-25-16 1 Corinthians 9:22 (NASB)


"To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some."
Have I become all things to all men? I understand that it requires a high level of humility, to make yourself weak to be with and minister to those who are weak. But how often do I find myself at that level? How do I make myself be lower and lower than I originally I want? By looking to Christ for my example. No one else has ever displayed such a level of submission, the Godhead co I got down to this earth in the form of a human being. Allowing Himself to be bruised for our transgression. Another thing that quickly got my attention is why I do what I last part of the verse says that it's to save those who are lost. So what kind of witness am I? In order to really be able to speak to the heart of man I need to be all things to all men. That means being a helper in times of need, a comfort in times of distress, a brother in Christ during times of denial. I need to be willing to become all those things plus more to those who need it. It's my prayer today that I will be able to become those things that I need to be to those who are in the church and those who are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment