Saturday, September 3, 2016

IBS 08-24-16 Romans 15:1 (NASB)


"Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves."
What I get from this verse is three things. Two involve upholding the weak. First is physical, helping people who physically aren't able to do what they want or what they need. Such as the elderly or those with handicaps. I can relate to those because of my previous foot surgeries. I was put in a state that made me vulnerable. It was hard to do things on my own while using crutches. Eventually I got used to them and I could do most things I was able to do before the surgery, but it would take longer than it normally would. The second part is spiritual and involves all of our personal relationships with each other. Spiritually we are all at different points in our walk with the Lord. For example, one of us my be immature in ways that another has an aged maturity; such as faith or hope or wisdom. I prayed to be with people here for my field time. When I found out I was going to be in Guatemala I was thrilled! And all I knew was that I want to be with these people the most. Why? Because I care about them more so than the average intern here. One of them I know that I'm able to pour out I to them in ways I love to do; while at the same time they teach me simply things I may have forgotten. The other is amazing and I can feel that we sharpen each other like iron and iron. The other two are just so joyful and sweet that I'm able to have beautiful conversation with them, and as we end I feel like we both just got something out of it. In order for me to help those that around me, or to help them spiritually and lift them up; I need to understand that I need to humble myself. How do you pick up a tiny puppy? By bending down closer to the level and then picking it up. In the same way if I proceed in a righteous trait and I desire to help others who lack, I must humble myself to their level. When ever Jesus saw someone and picked them up, the King of Kings stooped down to do it. That's the example I want to follow. Today for my application I will ask my team members how I can lift them up spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment