Saturday, September 3, 2016

IBS 08-23-16 Ephesians 5:21 (KJV)

"Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God."
This verse speaks to me in a couple ways. First is that we all need to submit to another in the love of Christ. Yes in the fact that we would do certain things for others. But mainly that is a mutual submission. One that looks at our brother and sister in Christ as the same because we are all level at the cross. But the major thing I wanted to point out was that it is in the fear of the Lord. If I respect someone it means one thing. But if I fear the Lord, and understand what it means to apply my heart to the statutes of God, I will have a deeper and healthier respect for others. Why? Because I'm closer to the heart of God and being in that position allows me to view through the eyes of Jesus. Earlier last week I taught on a few verses in the book of Ecclesiastes. One passage I'd like for us to recall is in chapter four verse twelve. The end of it says, "...and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." This verse is a popular marriage verse because it is describing a husband and wife's strength when they are centered around Christ. Let's imagine that that is someone and myself. Together we have some strength. Two cords loosely tied together will be strong but will have a quick stretching and breaking point. But if that person and myself look to the Lord in respect and in awe, we have Jesus with us. Therefore we are made stronger than we ever were. Today I will pray for the Lord to give me a more understanding heart unto those that around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment