Saturday, September 3, 2016

IBS 08-22-16 Galatians 5:13 (NASB)

"For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."
This weeks theme is adaptability and mutual submission. This verse is talking about how we were made free through the blood and the life of Jesus Christ. It's also saying that because we are free from the punishment of hell we still have no excuse to life in the fleshly ways that we want to. For example, even though I'm saved in Jesus my flesh still wants to get the better of me. I still have the sinful nature that I allow to get a foothold in my life. I can recall several times in my life that I had an opportunity to serve the body of Christ, or to just simply serve those I love. I remember when I was in seventh grade I was able to serve at my church in Houston by setting up for Sunday's and Friday nights. Some time passed by and I didn't want to do it, but I already picked up one of the applications for it. One night the youth leader came to our house for dinner and when he saw the paper he was excited and asked if I'd like to sign up. I told him yes and soon afterward I set up the chairs and such every Sunday and Friday night. I had to love my piers and leaders. I'm continually opening up my eyes to try to see where I can love others the way that I need to. Today for my application I will focus on seeing where I can serve my fellow interns.

No comments:

Post a Comment