Saturday, August 20, 2016

IBS 08-17-16 Romans 6:16 (KJV)

IBS 08-17-16 Romans 6:16 (KJV)
"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his savants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness?"
I LOVE this verse! It's simply put and black and white. If I serve something I will be obeying it. Therefore if I obey something I serve it. It's my master and I'm it's servant. When I began to apply this verse in my life I defiantly saw areas of where I'm committing myself to idolatry or pride or envy. What do I obey? Social media which tells me how to be wealthy or cool or things like that? Friends who like to have fun? Or do I obey the Word of God? That which I make myself obedient to takes the form of my master. Today I will obey my authority when I'm asked to do anything and pray that my master won't be the world, but Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment