Saturday, August 20, 2016

IBS 08-16-16 Acts 5:29 (KJV)
"Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."
I'm able to personally apply this verse in many areas of my life. I ought to obey God rather than my piers. Rather than my parents, if it goes against Gods Word for obeying our parents is obeying God. Rather than what I feel. I ought to follow God rather than my own ideal ways. What I love about this verse is that it was Peter and the other apostles who said this. Do I have that kind of dignity unto the Lord to say no to wickedness and say yes to God? I find that at times I'm easily influenced by my friends, and we've done some crazy things for fun. One example is when I was staying at a friends house. It was him and his older brother and my older brother and I. When their mother left the house she was like, "Ok boys. No fire no firecrackers and no BB guns." Of course we watched the car go down the street and when it was out of sight we brought all those things out. First some of the firecrackers wouldn't explode so we set them on fire. Then they still wouldn't so we were shooting them. Then she suddenly walked in the back yard all mad and we were all scared! We didn't obey when we had a prime opportunity to choose to do so. I was convicted when all that happened. What did I get from it? God will judge and doesn't mess up His judging. Today I will thank God for all He's done for me and pray for more obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment