Saturday, August 20, 2016

IBS 08-15-16 Hebrews 5:8 (KJV)

IBS 08-15-16 Hebrews 5:8 (KJV)
"Though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered."
Jesus was the Son of Man and the Son of God. Yet He we obedient even to suffering. Obedience is different when one has a change of heart. For example Jesus could have complained on the way to the cross, but instead He kept silent. He could have felt self pity at the garden when He was sweating blood. Instead He said, "nevertheless not as I will, but as thou will", Mathew 26:39. When we obey, is it the obeying with a revolting heart? When I obey do I do it with a heart that is working for the Lord or for my own selfish gain? In John 21:6 Jesus says, "Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and he shall find." This was after a full nights fishing. Fishermen would fish at night because the cooler temperatures would bring the fish to the surface. The men were tired and exhausted. But Jesus was standing on the shore, and the men didn't know it was Hm. Before He said this he asked if they caught any meat, and that simply replied no. Is my obedience strong enough for me to do things that seem ridiculous? Even if I think I know what to do? Did the disciples grumble? Or did they do it with a purer heart? For my application I will pray today for a strengthened obedience in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment