Saturday, August 20, 2016

IBS 08-11-16 Philippians 4:11 (KJV)

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
Are we content? It's a simple question but most of us, myself included, can say no. I have many needs and wants, and when I'm not content I see the wants as needs and the needs as not important. What do we want when we are not content? For me it's money, or someone else's wisdom or things like that. But in verse eight of this chapter we see what we are meant to want. Things that are true, honest, things that are just, pure, lovely, good reports, things that are of virtue or praise; think on these things. Today I will not cover or be discontent with what God has given me, rather I will meditate of this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment