Saturday, August 20, 2016

IBS 08-10-16 Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as he have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
This verse speaks a lot about our lives and how they should be lived. And that's with contentment and not covetousness. We cover by wanting something that's not ours. So where do I stand? I covet from other people material things yes, but mainly the spiritual. For example others Godliness, others hearts for praise and love. But if I covet these things so badly why don't I just ask for them. Jesus told a story about a father. Would a father give his child a stone if he asked for bread? Or a serpent if he asked for a fish? No because of his love for them. If I ask my Heavenly Father for things such as these won't He be loving enough to grant them as well? Today I will pray for guidance and a contrite heart towards field placements.

No comments:

Post a Comment