Monday, August 8, 2016

IBS 08-08-16 Mathew 8:20 (KJV)

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man hath not where to lay His head."
Contentment.
The passage this verse is in talks about people who wanted to be Jesus's disciples. It was when they asked to follow Him, or when they asked to first have time to do what they want, that Jesus reminded them what it really means to follow the Father. I need the willingness of the Spirit to forsake all others and walk with God!
How willing am I? Do I let all my other gods take the place of the Lord?
For example, when I make a conscious decision to let go of my old friends who are walking in the ways of the world, I'm letting go of my past. It hurts, and it sometimes gets me laughed at. But the reward of a purer heart, a clearer mind, and a more passionate heart is so much more worth the relationships, or money that I'd be letting go. Can I say 'come follow me as I follow Christ' if I'm holding on to my chains that were broken? Jesus paid for me, and He created me. Therefore He has dual ownership of me.
Will I let go of my broken chains and follow Him?
Lord, help me to have an understanding of what it really means to let go of my flesh, of all my previous desires, and follow Jesus. Tonight I will pray for the Lord to increase my understanding of His sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment