Saturday, August 6, 2016

IBS 08-05-16 Hebrews 6:12 (KJV)

"That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherent the promises."
There are three things I'd like to touch in this verse. First is to not be slothful. Proverbs 26:14,16 says, "As the door turners upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed...The sluggers is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason." We can't be a follower of anyone if we are to lazy and sluggardly to follow them. In the Gospels we see that multiple people went to Jesus wanting to follow Him, but they weren't willing to lay aside everything and actually do it.
The promises are beautiful. Utterly perfect. How happy am I? Do I ever just take time and meditate on the promises from scripture? How often do I just look to the sky, and smile, and say, "Jesus I love you!" I want to inherit the promises in the Bible. How do I attain them? By faithfulness and patience.
Lord, help my unbelief, and teach me to seek You with long suffering and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment