Saturday, August 6, 2016

IBS 08-03-16 Colossians 1:11 (KJV)

"Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and long suffering with joyfulness..."
Here in this verse we are called to be strengthened by the Lord, who has glorious power and might. Let's look at the other versus in this passage, particularly versus 9-14. The characteristics that are seen in this text are prayer, being filled with wisdom and spiritual understanding, walking of the Lord, being fruitful and being filled with the knowledge, and being strengthened unto all patience and long-suffering WITH joyfulness. Notice where all these originate, the Father. How powerful is the Father in my life? How often do I make myself decrease so that He can increase?several times in my life I have argued with the authority in my household. It never works out for me, and I always end up being punished. I make it more difficult than it needs to be. Today I will pray for patience to dwell in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment