Saturday, August 6, 2016

IBS 08-02-16 Luke 21:19 (KJV)

"In your patience possess ye your souls."
This verse is easy to understand but hard to apply. To simply put it, we need to contain our souls, our spirits, what makes us, us; with patience. The passage that this verse is in is the Olivet Discourse. The two versus before, 17 and 18 read, "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not an hair in your head parish." This is a real practice of patience. How will I allow my soul and spirit to be possessed by patience, when I don't seek it? Patience is the Fruit of the Spirit. Jesus said while He was on this earth that we will be known by our fruits. So where's my fruit? 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 says, "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil." Based on this Scripture I need to have my patience, fuel my patience with LOVE and CHARITY. It's decently easy to have patience about something, but to have patience brought side by side with Charity is a different matter. It's love that I need in order to produce fruit that is sweet. Patience and perseverance can be sweet to those who need it, nourishing to those that have weakened spirits. I will make it a habit to be patient, in everyday ordinary things, but mainly in the matters of the heart. King Saul wasn't patient enough to wait for Samuel so he sacrificed without him.
Will I wait on the voice of the Lord? Will I wait for Him to move toward before I follow in His footsteps? I will pray for patience today.
Lord knows I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment