Monday, August 1, 2016

IBS 07-28-16 2 Corinthians 1:12 (KJV)

 "For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscious, that in simplicity and in godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
Not in fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God.
That's what my IBS is based off of, the difference in our lives if we live by fleshly wisdom versus the grace of God.
Proverbs 3:5-7 says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Hm, and He shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord and depart from evil." It's difficult to let go of our own ways. One example from my personal life, that's happened many times, is when my mom tells me to do something in a specific way, but using my own wisdom and understanding, I do it my way. At first when I learned to clean the outside windows I'd only use windex, even though they were very very dirty. My mother said I need to first wash them with soapy water then use windex. Since I didn't I had to wash them about four times versus the original two times. If I treat Gods Word and His wisdom like I did with the windows, how much more work and I making for myself?! All I need to do is lean towards Gods grace. If I lean towards Him I don't need to worry about where I'll end up in life. If I really fear the Lord then I will cling to what is wise. The grace of God is abundant. Fear the Lord. Depart from evil. For an application I will continue to pray for wisdom in my daily prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment