Saturday, August 6, 2016

IBS 07-25-16 Psalm 111:10 (KJV)

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do His commandments: His praise endureth for ever."
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Fear can be thought of as a healthy respect or reverence. Proverbs 1:7 says, "The hear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." I am made a fool when I despise the wisdom of Gods Word and the instruction from my elders. When we go our own way we are forsaking Gods perfect path. One time in Australia my friend Blake and I decided to take a short cut coming from the beach. We went through tons of plants and grass. We went our way and kinda ticked off his older sister. Psalm 119:104 says, "Through Thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way." In order to understand Gods Word we need to meditate on His testimonies. Psalm 119:99, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: do at by testimonies are my meditation." Verse 73 of this chapter says, "...give my understanding, that I may learn Thy commandments." James 1:5, "If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God." In order to know His Word and gain understanding we need to ask. This week I will study each day's Proverb to gain the understanding I need to stay strong in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment